Sunday 5 February 2012

Snowy Surprise!

Yesterday Harlaxton got a nice little dusting of snow but, to our surprise, the real storm was yet to come! During the evening it really started to fall and, like the grown-up college kids we are, we all went outside to enjoy the weather. I was very grateful for the snow boots that my mom had told me to pack and I enjoyed a night full of snowball fights, snow angels, and sledding on refectory trays.
This morning we woke up surrounded by white fog. While we can normally see far into the distance from the manor, today it's just a white blur. We've been told that the UK pretty much closes down when the roads are covered in snow, so I'm glad that I don't have any plans today! I'm also very glad that I stayed home this weekend because I know that several students were stranded in different towns last night when the trains weren't running.
This is our front driveway. On a normal day, you can see the road a mile away.

The manor disappeared!



Enjoying the snow



Enjoying our winter wonderland--- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment